[itvt] Returns to New York City with Its Second Annual TV of Tomorrow NYC Intensive Event
NEW YORK CITY ? November 28, 2011 ? InteractiveTV Today, [itvt], the most widely read and trusted news source on multiplatform interactive and social TV, today announced that due to high demand its TV of Tomorrow (TVOT) show, it is returning to New York City. TVOT NYC Intensive will provide broadcasters, operators, advertisers, agencies and other stakeholders with a venue to discuss and debate some of the industry?s most pressing topics. The event's sponsors include Canoe Ventures, the advanced television joint venture of the nation?s leading cable operators. The event will take place at 730 Third Avenue in New York City on December 5, 2011.
Hot topics to be discussed include interactive TV advertising; new technologies for monetizing video-on-demand; new market opportunities created by the rise of multiplatform delivery; the future of connected-TV advertising and content; the merging of television and social media; pay-TV operators' embrace of the iPad and other second-screen devices; the role automatic content recognition (ACR) will play in the future of TV advertising and programming; new programming formats that are social and interactive from the ground up; the emergence of personalized television; monetizing television through commerce; and the need for new audience-measurement methodologies that meet the needs of a rapidly evolving TV industry.
TVOT NYC Intensive is a highly focused, dialog-driven, one-day event focused on bringing together all parties involved in enabling and delivering an interactive and advanced TV-viewing experience to consumers. This year more than 100 experts in fields including pay-TV, advertising, network television, consumer electronics, TV technology, and social media will come together to engage in a productive exchange of ideas aimed to better the TV experience as we know it. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with these experts, sharing ideas about the future of the industry and discussing ways to reshape the TV ecosystem in order to determine what will make the overall TV experience richer in the future. Intentionally created to be unique amongst industry conferences, TVOT NYC Intensive is designed to encourage attendees to share their thoughts on how to best shape the US cable industry's interactive and advanced TV vision.
?Television remains the ultimate medium, but it will only continue to be the best by evolving to meet changing viewer expectations and by providing business stakeholders with new and more powerful solutions,? said Kathy Timko, Chief Executive Officer of Canoe Ventures. ?TVOT NYC Intensive is aptly named as it provides a unique opportunity for all of televisions? many constituents to come together in spirited discussion of its future, pushing the boundaries of TV ever farther.?
In addition to keynote presentations from such luminaries as Alan Murray, deputy managing editor and executive editor of online at the Wall Street Journal, and Anthony Rose, hailed by WIRED magazine as "the man who saved the BBC," TVOT NYC Intensive will offer:
- Two intensive, dialog-driven breakout tracks, featuring a) sessions that examine the progress made in deploying interactive and advanced TV to date, and that provide hard data, lessons from the field, best practices and more; and b) sessions that explore and elucidate the new technologies, creative visions and other factors that are set to reshape our understanding and experience of television going forward.
- A workshop track that provides a venue where attendees can see and learn about new interactive and advanced TV technologies and strategies in depth; hear answers to their questions from true subject matter experts; and gain practical skills for implementing new TV experiences for consumers.
- The IAB's iTV for Agencies Day event, which will be co-located at TVOT NYC Intensive, and which will provide attendees with an unparalleled opportunity to network with--and get on the radars of--a focused group of advertising-industry professionals who have been selected by the IAB because of their interest in interactive TV.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to hear breaking news and see live demonstrations from some of the industry?s most innovative technology providers. In addition, the event will feature an exhibit of television-related artwork, and, beginning at 6pm ET, attendees will be invited to join [itvt]'s first-ever holiday cocktail party.
?TVOT is six years going and our momentum couldn?t be stronger. We?ve dramatically expanded our presence on both coasts, increasing our attendance and participation year over year. It?s been an amazing ride,? said Tracy Swedlow, founder of [itvt]. ?Our first event in NYC last year received only one complaint ? ?we want more!? ? so we?re doing our best to remedy that situation. Aside from our main breakout tracks, attendees can hear visionary keynotes, attend in-depth workshops, rub shoulders with the advertising professionals whose buy-in will ensure the successful future of the interactive TV industry, and learn about some of the most important ideas and technologies that are revolutionizing the television space. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes!?
Here is what attendees have said about previous TVOT events:
- ?The conference was darn impressive. We were happy to participate and support it,? said George Schweitzer, president, CBS Marketing Group
- "The conference was fantastic as always?panels were spot-on for the issues my team is facing. The mix of people was brilliant and well-orchestrated and the caliber of attendees and speakers high,? said Jon Dakss, vice president of emerging media, NBC Universal
- ?Really great job of pulling together a conference that allowed an open discussion of many of the opportunities and challenges for our future,? said Robert Dandrea, distinguished engineer, national engineering & technical operations, Comcast
- ?This was the first time I attended a TVOT event, and I thought the quality of the discussions was outstanding. I thought it was excellent and I will absolutely look to attend the next time,? said Michael Patton, senior manager of product/business development, Sony Corporation
- ?It is fantastic to see the momentum continue to build after all these years and the conference feels like a reunion of friends as much as a business venture,? said Aimee Viles, vice president of new media, Bravo Media
To register for this event, click here.
Follow TVOT NYC Intensive on Twitter at www.twitter.com/tvot_nyc
Read more about TVOT NYC Intensive on the site: http://www.thetvoftomorrowshow.com.
About Interactive TV Today:
Founded in 1998 by Tracy Swedlow and co-owned by Richard Washbourne, Interactive TV Today [itvt] is the most widely read and trusted news source on the rapidly emerging medium of multiplatform, broadband interactive television (ITV). We provide concise, original coverage of industry developments, technologies, content projects, and the people building the business to our readership, which is made up of hundreds of thousands of executives from around the world.
For further sponsorship information or speaking opportunities, please contact:
CEO, Editor-in-Chief and Executive Producer of TVOT
415 824 5806
For media relations inquiries, please contact:
Breakaway Communications for TVOT
212 616 6003